BNI (Business Network International) is a highly successful business networking referral organisation. They have over 12,500 members in the UK and Ireland alone, passing over 676,000 referrals worth over £497 million every year. Importantly BNI allows only one representative from each trade or profession to join any BNI group (or chapter as the groups known).
BNI’s aim is to generate £250,000 for local charities and many of the BNI Merseyside chapters are currently offering a free seat for charities to join them.
Criteria for new charities;
- The charity member must be a charity based in Merseyside and not be a branch of a large national charity.
- The charity member must have an income of less than £1m per annum.
- They must be a registered charity or a small fundraising group applying for charitable status.
- They must not be a CIC.
- The CEO or other executives of the charity must earn less than £60,000 per annum.
What the BNI chapter would expect from the charity;
- The charity member must be able to bring and refer contacts to their BNI Chapter.
- The charity member must be prepared to take an active role within the chapter after a brief settling in period of 3 months.
- The charity member is to be treated like any other member in terms of attendance and traffic light performance etc.
What the chapter will give the charity;
- The charity will only have to pay subs for the meeting weekly fee. Monthly subs range from £35-£50. It is up to the chapter whether the charity has to pay these.
- The charity member will receive support from the dedicated BNI Charity group.
- The Chapter will focus on fundraising activities for the charity with an annual target of raising £10,000K for the charity.
The Merseyside BNI Chapters currently looking for charity members (and the days / times of their meetings) are:
|Legacy BNI – Wirral||Wirral||Wirral||Friday||6:45 AM|
|Mercury BNI – Wirral (Mid-morning)||Wirral||Wirral||Thursday||9:30 AM|
|Saturn BNI – Wirral (Mid-Morning)||Wirral||Wirral||Wednesday||10:00 AM|
|Alpha BNI – Liverpool||Liverpool||Liverpool||Tuesday||6:45 AM|
|Atlantic BNI – Liverpool||Liverpool||Liverpool||Tuesday||10:15 AM|
|Eagle BNI – Liverpool||Liverpool||Liverpool||Thursday||6:45 AM|
|Lima BNI – Liverpool||Liverpool||Liverpool||Thursday||6:45 AM|
|Mavericks BNI – Liverpool||Liverpool||Liverpool||Thursday||6:45 AM|
|Neptune BNI – South Liverpool||Liverpool||South Liverpool||Wednesday||6:45 AM|
|Premier BNI – Liverpool||Liverpool||Liverpool||Friday||6:45 AM|
Outer City Region
|Horizon BNI – Southport||Southport||Sefton||Wednesday||6:45 AM|
|Links BNI – Formby||Southport||Sefton||Thursday||6:45 AM|
|Mariners BNI – Southport||Southport||Sefton||Friday||6:45 AM|
|Bravo BNI – St Helens||St Helens||St Helens||Friday||6:45 AM|
Any interested charities should get in touch with Merseyside BNI Director Consultant Dave Verburg on 07921 576694 .